Monday, November 23, 2009

Essie Winter / Holiday 2009

I know, I'm late to the party on these.... But... here goes!

Lolipop. Bright candy red creme. This has a very jelly-like quality to it. I'm going to call it a jelly. It has a really candy-like translucent squishy look to it that makes it different. It's a bright red with a bit of coral, not as deep or as blue-toned as a lot of the other holiday reds we've seen so far this year. I've been wearing this on my toes for about a week and I have grown very, very fond of it.


Mint Candy Apple. Pastel aqua creme. Green! Well, a little green at least. It's a very blue-y green if it's green at all. Maybe light turquoise? Aqua perhaps. Has a very vintage feel to it, like a lot of the bakeware and acrylic jewelry I've been seeing while out antique shopping lately. This isn't a duplicate of any of the other light pastel green/blues I have in my collection- it's pretty unique. Also: Am I the only one who thinks that a mint candy apple doesn't sound particularly appetizing?


Rock Candy. Sheer nude pink. Ah, this is embarrassing. Look how bad my stained nails look through this sheer polish. Eeeeek. So gross. Anyway! I do kinda like the squishy look of this... it looks like it would be soft if you touched it. Reminds me a little of the other Essie sheer I found myself liking recently- Luscious Lips from the summer collection. At one coat, this is a very natural, streak-free gloss, not much of a tint at all. This is four coats.


The formula on these was excellent. I had no problems at all. I've heard some people experienced streaking problems with Mint Candy Apple, but I didn't have any streaking problems with any of the shades. Drying time was fast and they all dried to a glossy finish without topcoat. The brushes in these are also back to their normal size- the brushes in the fall collection were incredibly skinny and I was afraid they switched permanently!

These have been out for a while now, and I also saw these in mini form at Ulta, in case you like minis!
 

blogger templates | by toblack