Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A little bit of everything! Hard Candy, Revlon and some MAC

Last night I asked on Twitter what you'd like to see me post today- nail polish, makeup or fake nails. The overwhelming response was nail polish, but my buddy Mazoo had a fantastic idea- post an awesome discontinued color, like a Hard Candy!

Hard Candy Hick. This is long gone, so don't even ask me where to find it because I have NO idea. Anyway, this is one of my favorites. It's a sky blue shimmer base with lots of silvery glitter and a slight pink sheen. It is on the sheer and thin side, but it's SO worth it. Old formula polish filled with chemical goodness. I miss the Big Three.

Why don't people make colors like this anymore?! And furthermore, why did Hard Candy stop making all their AWESOME colors and start making crap colors (and then just discontinue everything)?? They went from having the best, most unique and unusual shades in the universe to making nothing but four crappy sheer pastels. Yeah, Hard Candy... pastel pink shimmer is REALLY edgy... *insert eye-roll here*


Let's move on to a little makeup...


I did this last year and I don't think I ever posted it. I don't remember exactly what I used... Definitely MAC, but I can't remember which shades! Lucky Green and Purple Shower perhaps? My hair looks really black here, but it was purple when I took these pictures. It always looks black the first week.

And, for the fake nails...

Here's a little preview of one of the Revlon Runway Collection nails I got to try. I love this style! I want to do a full review of it, so it will be a mystery until then!


That was fun and refreshing. Maybe I should do this more often!
 

blogger templates | by toblack