Wednesday, January 27, 2010

New drugstore awesomeness

I'm a huge Wet n Wild nail polish fan. Always have been. I noticed some new displays of Wet n Wild polish while out grocery shopping the other day and picked up these gems!


Blackmail. This is from their new line, it comes in squatty little round bottles. This shade is a black base with multi-colored glitter. Along the same lines as Sephora by OPI Never Enough Shoes and Sally Hansen Midnight in NYC, but I like this better. Why? More glitter. The glitter in the other two is too subtle for me, this one sparkles more. There's gold and red and something that looks iridescent or multicolored but it's small so I can't tell.


Blue Moon. HOLY CRAP. SO HOT. It's a dark blue shimmer with a green sheen/slight flash to it. It reminds me of my favorite blue from Jessica (Midnight Moonlight!), except this is 99 cents. It's rich and beautiful and not so dark that it looks black. Right on, Wet n Wild!

Night Prowl. Black base with hot pink/magenta glitter. Love at first sight. This is a bit like Petites... something... Amethyst something... I can't remember the name. The color of the glitter is rich and bright, not faded and silvery and it really stands out against the dense black. No glitter gets lost in the black base! So awesome.

Formula on these is on par with the rest of Wet n Wild's polishes- perfect. Pretty opaque, all looked good at two coats but I did three cause I'm like that. Good dry time. Excellent price tag.

The new squatty-bottle Wet n Wild line had a dusty blackberry/purple/mauve color that looked cool but I didn't grab that one. The others were mostly pinks and berries, but there were a few interesting ones sprinkled in. The Wild Shine line had a handful of new colors too, one was a glitter that looked like China Glaze Snow Globe, one was a lavender duochromey color and one was a silver? Oh, and two pinks.

Love me some Wet n Wild...
 

blogger templates | by toblack