Tuesday, November 24, 2009

One of my favorites: Pure Ice Strapless

You know what I love? Drugstore polish. I do. A lot. Especially Pure Ice, because it makes me all nostalgic and stuff. Here's one of my top favorites:


Pure Ice Strapless. This is a very fine blue glitter in a clear base. Sometimes the most simple things are the most beautiful. I mean.... just look at it! It's amazing! It sparkles like crazy, even in low light like indoors. The color is rich and beautiful. There's not much for me to say about it because I think the picture speaks for itself.

For such a fine textured glitter, it's also pretty dense and easily buildable. I'm pretty sure this is four coats? Might have been three. Since it's only glitter in a clear base, it dries very fast and doing multiple coats doesn't give you trouble with drying or getting lumpy. It does dry gritty, so a coat or two of thick topcoat are a must.

And for under $3! Might even be under $2, I can't remember if these are $1.97 or $2.97. It also seems like it would be a good glitter to mix with other polishes, too.

The only downside is that it's only sold at Wal-Mart. I go there two or three times a year just to stock up on Pure Ice and Petites polish, and they're really worth the trip. Petites... that reminds me.... I have a whole ton of those I want to post. Cheap polish rocks!
 

blogger templates | by toblack